11/17/09

Be A Blessing



Dawn over at Dawn's Daily Life is hosting a brand-new Tuesday meme. It's called "Be a Blessing"

Occasionally, as a mom I feel like a gerbil in a ball. Doing the same things over and over, and getting nowhere. The same dishes, laundry and toys pile up everyday.

Sometimes I have to step back and look at the big picture. I am impacting society by taking time to teach and train my kids. I'm actually training them to be successful adults.

When we cook, clean, or get bandages for boo-boos, we're meeting very real needs. We all have basic needs. We need healthy food, clean water, shelter, security, love, spiritual guidance etc.

As "Mom" we are in an unparalleled position to meet these basic needs. It is said, that how well these needs are met as a child has much to do with the success of the adult. What we do is of great importance. Keep blessing those around you. Adults and kids alike.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced there is nowhere that a woman can make an impact like she can in her own home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord for homeschool Moms! I really believe that they are impacting this country. They may have taken the Bible out of out public schools, but as of yet, they haven't taken it out of the home. SO just keep that little wheel turning. Never get weary in well doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gerbil in the ball comments you made is one of the reasons I started this meme. As moms, we don't often see ourselves as blessings. We just see that we are doing what we do, and sometimes we feel like it doesn't really matter or impact anyone. That is so wrong! We are such blessings. I love everything you wrote. You have been a blessing by playing along. Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to write. Tammy