1/28/13

Our Idea

Our homeschool is going great.   Can't believe it's Feb already.  We're having lovely weather in our neck of the woods.  Just wanted to share an idea we had.  It seems to be working out great.  It's something we've actually stuck with since the beginning of this school term.

 My daughter's is studying Algebra, but I wanted to  go back over all the other math concepts too.

We didn't want it to take a lot of time, nor to have problems to do.  SO... long story short she is writing an instructional math book in her own words! She's using a spiral notebook. She writes a little in it each day.  

 I used the table of contents in some of her previous Math books to come up with the concepts I wanted her to cover.  Everyday she looks at examples online, or reads over the instructions in  her text book.  She then writes and/or draws about that concept in her own words, minus the math terms.

 Not only does she get a review, she's sharpening her understanding of it too. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea if it's working for you all. I am back over here printing off your marvelous Multiplication printables. I love them. Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT IDEA! CHILDREN REALLY LEARN FROM TAKING NOTES TO LOOK BACK OVER.THANKS FOR SHARING THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have herd a lot about home schooling. think that it is great.Where your daughter makes friends, does she make friends easy?
    Looks like you both very happy. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruzana, Thanks for the comment. My daughter does make friends easily and with any age. We have 2 different homeschool groups in our area. They have lots of activities including prom and graduations. Plus there's church and lots of homeschooling cousins. :) She also plans to attend college when she graduates.

      Delete
  4. Hi Tammy ,
    Love your blog. I would love to be added to your useful homeschool places & blog list. I have you on our bloggy friends.
    God bless +

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to write. Tammy