2/1/10

February

Can you believe it's February already? My daughter asked me "Is that REALLY the way you spell February? I said, "Yep, it's a little weird, but that's it." She loves to proof-read, and she thought there was a misprint on our calendar. I guess it's time to go back over the months in our spelling.

Tomorrow is Groundhog day. A groundhog is a rodent also known as a woodchuck. It is said that if the little fellow comes out of his burrow, and fails to see his shadow, then spring is on it's way, but if he DOES see it, then he goes back into his burrow and it's winter for six more weeks. YIKES I hope he doesn't see it!
Here are a few site for kids with Groundhog Day crafts and activities.
Here at Kid's Turn Central you can even make your own prediction.
I predicted spring. Let's hope I'm right.



"Surely as cometh the Winter, I know
There are Spring violets under the snow."
- R. H. Newell

4 comments:

  1. Hi thank you for your comment on my blog. In like your blog background it's cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're supposed to have snow for 4 days in a row next week. So it looks like winter will still be around for a bit. :)

    Hope you have a great week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tammy, thanks for visiting and greeting my son a happy birthday, I surely would tell him about your greetings. I love your name because I remember a music piece I played on the piano when I was in the grades, titled, of course, "Tammy." God bless and have a great day always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy,
    I am out visiting tonight and wanted to come by and say hi, and to tell you I really enjoyed reading the Kids Carnival event. I was so impressed with the writing ability of these young people. Thanks for sharing.
    I used to have the hardest time with February's spelling. It never was spelled like I thought it should have been. LOL

    Thank you so much for visiting my new blog, I started this blog as a way to journal, I hope you enjoyed it. Your words of encouragement have meant so much to me.
    Hope you have a blessed and joyous weekend.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to write. Tammy