10/26/09

We Made Play Dough

Peach made play dough today. There was a recipe in her art book. The recipe called for
2 cup flour
1 cup salt
4 tsp. cream of tartar
2 cups water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
food coloring
It said to Combine all ingredients, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
It also suggested putting clove or peppermint extract for fragrance. This makes enough for 8, so we only made half.
She had a blast playing with it. She already has modeling clay, and Playdoh, but this was something she made herself, so it was much more fun to her.
It's funny the way kids are. If they help make dinner, they eat a lot more. Then as adults we become the opposite. Usually other people's cooking tastes so much better than your own. At least that's true for me most of the time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy,
    This seems like a recipe that i need to pass along to my daughter. I had to smile about your comment of how children will eat more if they make it and that we as adults do the opposite. My goodness how true this is. i always love everybody's cooking better than mine. lol And i have noticed that my grandchildren will eat more if they have helped me. prepare. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to write. Tammy